Saturday, 20 June 2009

Technique Swap






Another enjoyable Technique 4x4 page swap I did with Debs (Rustycage11)here

Papercasting technique's are the last 2

1 I used a butterfly rubber stamp
2 A fairy rubber stamp

The method is using toilet paper believe it or not lol ,first laying down a deeply etched rubber stamp,then covering it with a layer of toilet paper,spray with water,I used a brush to stipple it into the stamp,then gradually built up layers the same way,around 9 in all,then leave to dry overnight,peel off.
Paint or colour anyway you like.

The top 2 are the Tissue Paper technique

The Silver Butterfly... I first made a butterfly with my cuttlebug machine then covered with tissue and painted with Metalic Luminere Paints,I also did the same for the background ,just crunch up a piece of tissue then flatten out glue onto card then paint,makes a nice textured finish,inside the little doors is a tiny painted landscape in acyrlics.

Oriental
Same method,but this one I added a packing tape transfered image,under acetate and brads.
I just received Debs pages this morning,VERY creative work using the same techniques.

4 comments:

Piddawinkle said...

this looks like great fun, well done to both of you, Pidd

Jan said...

I shall look at toilet paper in a completely different light now!! Great results.

Agnes the Red said...

Very pretty pieces...love the textures and vibrant colours.
Ange

Zaa said...

Love the exploration and variety of textures and colors Pattie.

Hugs