Saturday 20 March 2010

Marie Antoinette



Marie Antoinette.(loveee this image)
Fabric Book Cover,title will be "Ladies of History"

I know this is going to take me ages,i wanted something to get my teeth into,this is a start,each page will be fabric and depict a lady from the past,its something i can dip in and out of between other stuff,as long as my mojo stays with me i,ll be ok lol.

I have enjoyed dyeing the fabrics,lace ,matching up bits colourwise,and sewing,also colouring the buttons with alcohol inks and using things from my stash.little bit of fabric paper here and there !...........now to get this ink off my hands :-]

6 comments:

Jan said...

This is so pretty Pattie and lovely that you have dyed all the fabrics and lace yourself so that it tones in beautifully.

In the Light of the Moon said...

I just love the colors Pattie!!Its all so beautiful and full of texture!!Warmest Regards,Cat

eclectic archivist said...

I'm impressed...your colors are amazing!

Deborah said...

Beautiful book cover, Pattie. Marie Antoinette is a perfect subject for fabric art.

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is stunning Pattie. You achieved such beautiful results again.

PetraB said...

What a project! I absolutely love the idea and adore the way you used and combined bits and pieces. It looks great. Petra.xx