Wednesday 25 August 2010

Fabric Paper Purse



I am so pleased with myself today with this little purse,its 5"x6" in size,took me 3 days to create and made completely from scratch as my hubby used to say,I started off with plain white organza and a couple of flowery paper napkins,and made 2 sheets of fabric paper,but for this i wanted the Organza side showing as its so pretty,feels very tactile soft and silky,the napkin patterns show through beautifully.
Then i dye'd up some plain white cotton fabric same colours using Cosmic Shimmers to spray dye then used this for lining the inside,the fabric paper pieces i layered up onto felt to give it a bit of body,then had to sew the beads and flower on before sewing all the pieces together.I am going to give it a press with the iron,just to finish off..........thinking about it nothing i do is perfection,whatever we create we can always find fault,well me anyway,but it is an original piece of work,never thought it was in me to create LOL .

This next one is made from a silk scarf i picked up in a charity shop,I recycled it into this purse attaching a beaded earring.

5 comments:

*jean* said...

oo patty, both your purses are just delightful! i especially like the colors of both and what a great way to recycle scarves!! bravo!

sam21ski said...

WOW they are both stunning. Who would have thought they were made from napkins and a charity scarf - fantastic pieces of art xxxx

paulaexuk said...

Both absolutely gorgeous, I think my favourite would be the green one.

WendyK said...

Both gorgeous Pattie, great colours, and a lovely fabric paper. You are really into the fabric paper, and sewing now.

Jacqui Chimes said...

Really Lovely