Thursday 29 May 2008

Altered Art

Altered Book
I love to alter books,i suppose you can call it recycling,as i pick them up in charity shops.
The picture is one i have just started,it was a childs board book,quite small and not many pages.
The inside pages i stick together to make them thicker,then use a number of techniques throughout the book,including,Gesso,torn pages,pockets,tags,braids,lace buttons etc,whatever the theme dictates to me.
I just love it as i can use up all my bits and piece's and recycle more of my stash lol.
This picture is of the cover,i found the emblem in a Maltese craft store,which is made of chipboard,and thought ahhhhh i can use that !
So to start i stuck it on with a good strong glue,then decided to do a Acrylic landscape all over the cover, back and front,acrylics dry quick,which helps,so i can get on and do the inside pages now !
Checkout

3 comments:

Julie Allain said...

WOW Pattie this is fantastic I really need to find some board books to have a try myself

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz recycling challenge xx

Crissi Harvey said...

wow i really like it pattie just love your painting

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz Recycle challenge.

crissi xx

MayJay said...

Everything you do is wonderful and I just love looking at your work. Thank you for sharing it.