Saturday, 3 August 2013

Experimental morning !

I was so impressed when I first saw the Spellbinders Bossabilities folders I just had to have a couple ! so here I am using one for my experiment,I used the Ornamental Swirls Folder, Gesso, Dylusion Inks, Gold Metalic Rubons, Mod Podge, Oval diecut (Spellbinders), some daisy ribbon,.......... I used the folder in my Grand Calibur (A base plate/folder with card stock(tag already cut)laid inside folder/then Raspberry plate on top) Beautiful impression before I start ! First I gave it a coat of thin Gesso,waited for it to dry. Sprayed lightly with Dylusion inks mopped up with some kitchen towel,dried with hot gun between each colour.(could go muddy or change colour if you don't) Mod Podged over,dried with hotgun. then using some cotton wool I wiped over with the gold rubon just to highlight the swirls,then buffed up. While that was drying I made up the little tag at the top with an image I found in my local craft shop. The daisy ribbon at the bottom I dye'd, it didn't take to the dye to well,looks a bit grungy lol,I like grungy :) Now I have that out my system onto the next project ! Hope you like :)thankyou for looking x

2 comments:

June Macfarlane said...

superb and so very beautiful. thanks so much for the tutorial, thats fab too and inspiring x

PetraB said...

This is delightful and truly inspiring.