Monday, 24 August 2009
Lutradur Beaded Tagbook in Blue and Gold
Lutradur Tagbook in Blue and Gold
Another experiment with Lutradur ,this time I used Glitterati heat fusible film sheets ironed onto the Lutradur,then sprayed with inks to colour,I used the hotgun in places to show the turquoise silk material I backed it with to show through,.......
So the first step was to cut out my book cover with my sizzix machine using the tag die.
Using that as a template to then cut some felt and silk fabric for backing after cutting all this to size including the Lutradur piece,I machined all round with a zigsag stitch.Now I could sew the beads on,I also cut a flower with my Sizzix machine and beaded that for the top part of my cover.
I then glued the fabric piece onto thick card the same colour.Cutting lots of papers for the inside pages with the tag die, it was then ready to assemble,I put a ring through the hole at top,added some beads......finished !!
A Monday morning gone when I should have been doing the housework ,oh well that can wait,theres always tomorrow lol.
I,m really pleased with this zigzag machined edging,I,m getting better at this machining lol
I did mean to take pics as i went along but got to involved and forgot :-]
Notepad done with the offcuts