Monday 3 January 2011

Art Journal 2011




Art Journal 2011
I promised myself to start an art journal this year,to put down something each day inside, no matter what, be it a doodle ,a writeup of something crafty i have bought and maybe a sample try out of a product,or just a little poem or quote i come across.............just about anything really that i have done that day.

This book i bought in Covent Garden a couple of years ago,it caught my eye,just a plain blank notebook, but all the pages are like brown paper,dont ask why i bought it lol,i just thought that will come in handy one day,and now it has ! I love anything a bit different.

Of course i had to cover it with fabric,but this time i thought i would try the bleach technique with cotton material,wish i never bothered :) but after embellishing it and making pen pockets i quite liked ,I used Cosmic Shimmer sprays to dye it in peacock blues and greens.The lettering i embossed using mica powders.

I have started a new regime of Physio with a nice young man,who has scrapped all my shoulder exercises,for a new lot,I,m in more pain but thats the idea,Pain before gain i guess lol,back to see the surgeon early Febuary,I have a feeling i am going to end up on the operating table anyway *sighs............

Happy New Year to all and Happy crafting,bet you all have lots of new goodies to play with,i did get a couple for Christmas,but have been Ebaying,bought a couple of Tim Holtz masks,Mica powders and dyes,so all stocked up.... oh and some of his Mini Misters,love them,
they dont clog up !

12 comments:

Dana said...

Wow,it's beautiful!I love that old look of paper!
Happy crafting and all the best!

sam21ski said...

Gorgeous front cover and what a fab idea xxxx

Janny de Roo said...

A good idea for a new year...! Will you show us the results ?
Have a very good 2011..!
Regards, Janny

Unknown said...

Stunning!

bois-fleurie said...

So glad I came across your blog. Your work is beautiful, I will return often.

Deborah said...

Fab journal cover. Pattie! Worth all the aggro with the bleach. I am thinking of doing a journal this year - Effie at UK Stampers is hosting a page a month (or maybe a week, I forget) with a word prompt. It won't be a spilling the beans type one, that's for sure :-)Enjoy your new physio LOL

Siobhan Brignull said...

very nice Pattie, hope you enjoy filling it up and let us have the occasional peep. Im doing the Art Calendar with Kate Crane this year and anything else I can find the time for, hope your shoulder gets better soon, this getting old lark is no good is it..x

PetraB said...

The journal looks wonderful. It would be great to see the inside some time ... no pressure here (lol).
Good luck with your shoulder!

Hideko Ishida said...

Hi Pattie, Happy New Year!! I've tagged you for the "Liebster Blog" award. Please visit my blog. If you like choose three your favorite blogs to continue. Thanks. Hideko

eclectic archivist said...

you always pick such wonderful colors!

Zaa said...

It will become a treasure for sure... You alway create such beautiful memorabilia... I can't wait to peek inside of it...HUGS

nancy said...

Hello Ms. Pattie! I really hope they don't have to do surgery again. It looks like you are keeping up with some of your artwork anyway.
Love the journal. I want some like this for my shop, but I guess I'm going to have to do them myself!
Keep well, my dear. Think of you often.
Love,
Nancy