I decided to run it through my Cuttlebug Machine,placing the tin in an embossing folder,went through easy !,the colour was gold,so it would have been ok as it was,but we cant have that can we haha.....alcohol inks was the answer,it took to them well,then just added a gem to center flower ,punched a hole in top and braided,I was so pleased with myself lol..........
I uploaded a pic of it to show my Flickr friends,then found this is not a new idea ! they are using beer cans as well !
My motto is DONT throw anything away ! now i have to find some beer cans today,hope my neighbours dont see me when i go down our recycle bin LOL
Now i have the answer for the covers of my Gothic Book,Forgot to say that I backed the tin onto thick card and edged it with melted Beeswax,just a protection for sharp edges,but saying that you could leave an edging of card showing,I fixed the tin onto card with E6000 glue.