Saturday 5 March 2011

A Change of direction !



Yes,I,m painting in oil once again ! only because i took a class last week,the subject was poppies in oil, my lady wanted to paint a large poppy picture,I really got into it with her,I got my hand slapped for taking over haha...thought i better start my own,which may help her too.

This is as far as i got today the lights bad now at 4pm,so its in its rough stages,looks a bit cartoony,cant have that lol,it must be painterly(is there such a word)so i will plod on tomorrow and promise to show you the finished painting it could take months.........god hope not haha.There is one at the bottom of this page i painted years ago,sold in our local library.

The sewing machine has taken a back seat for this week anyway !

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It look great Pattie, nice to see you painting again and I look forward to seeing the finished piece :)

Siobhan Brignull said...

stunning, I bow in awe at you feet :)

Pattie said...

Hahahaaaaa Pidda you nut lol xxx

manomij said...

Oh Pattie lovely to see you painting!!! I just adore poppies just can't paint them.
ManonX

bois-fleurie said...

I love poppies ,have tried them in water colours but never do it very well.Look forward to seeing yours finished.

Ange J Lee said...

This is looking fantastic and I'm in awe. Oils terrify me...I feel much safer with watercolour and acrylics....may be I should go on a course too. Really looking forward to seeing the final product!