Wednesday 14 May 2008

Oriental


Oriental
My one passion is anything oriental,i hear it is quite popular at the moment,so thought i would do todays blog about the above card,which is a bit more complex than the norm.
For some reason Oriental Art is depicted by certain colours,i dont know why,but it certainly works !
Those colours being,black red and golds......
But i have tried using different colours with this card to see if it works.
I started off with black card stock as my base,then stamped my oriental lady onto beige paper with black ink pad,then tore the edges which i bordered with gold Krylon pen.
Next i cut a circle and stamped the same image into it on black card,this image i coloured in with paints,then used Dimensional Magic to make a hard glass like surface,this bought the colours out beautifully !
Last embellishing with a gold dragonfly charm.
Hope you enjoy the effect i was quite pleased with this,not so rich as reds and golds though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooo I love this card, there is something very special about Oriental. I think it's a very exotic theme! Love that you have tried different colours, I tend to move away from the normal red, black & gold too!