Thursday 12 February 2009

Tin Flower..ATC

Last night I had Soft Roes for tea......whats this got to do with anything you may ask LOL,well when i was opening the tin and taking the lid off I thought,wow this tin is quite thin,I could cut this with scissors,so ripped it off the bottom piece,washed it,then had a good think while eating my tea lol.
I decided to run it through my Cuttlebug Machine,placing the tin in an embossing folder,went through easy !,the colour was gold,so it would have been ok as it was,but we cant have that can we haha.....alcohol inks was the answer,it took to them well,then just added a gem to center flower ,punched a hole in top and braided,I was so pleased with myself lol..........
I uploaded a pic of it to show my Flickr friends,then found this is not a new idea ! they are using beer cans as well !
My motto is DONT throw anything away ! now i have to find some beer cans today,hope my neighbours dont see me when i go down our recycle bin LOL

Now i have the answer for the covers of my Gothic Book,Forgot to say that I backed the tin onto thick card and edged it with melted Beeswax,just a protection for sharp edges,but saying that you could leave an edging of card showing,I fixed the tin onto card with E6000 glue.




5 comments:

Jan said...

Isn't that just so pretty. As you say - NEVER throw ANYTHING away!

Sherry said...

Your post made me laugh Pattie. First I thought you said you had soft roses for tea!!! What a brilliant result - it looks stunning and the colour is fantastic (looks like the colour of a soft rose - lol!) Bet you had to be careful of cutting your fingers though - but well worth it.

Maureen said...

Tomato Puree tubes have different colours inside and are good to use, hope you enjoyed your tea?

Siobhan Brignull said...

stunning work Pattie and the colouring is so evocative, great job

Ange J Lee said...

Beer cans! A great recycling idea Pattie...love the gothic arches!
Ange x