Monday 22 June 2009

Wall Hanging ..Mixed Media 12"x7"





My version of a wall hanging after the style of Mixed Media Artist Beryl Taylor here

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

This is a big challenge for me a first !

I have to say i am very inspired by this ladies work,Found her tutorial for making fabric paper here
That started the ball rolling,I loved the effect,I used a chiffon type fabric for this,just loved the way the colours merged,I wanted to keep away from the pretty pinks and blues,so decided to use Brusho paints which work beautifully on fabric,using yellow and blue hey presto GREEN lol..........

The backgound turned into a tree type impression,so i worked on a sort of theme,with all my creations it just sort of snowballs,this is the result ! not perfect ,but I loved every minute !

The bottom picture is the fabic paper before I started,I then attached that to 300LB weight Watercolour Paper.

Not sure if this is finished yet,keep looking at it,may make some improvements .....Must make some more of this fabric paper in different colours next lol.
I think I must have used every material known to man or us crafters haha......The brown squares are card covered in satin,the round discs were white plastic,I altered with alcohol inks and stamped the ladies,,then actually sewed them onto the satin squares with gold thread (thats another first ! )

The scripted heart is clay brocade painted with gold Luminere Paints...silver heart altered with inks........little tag's made with my Cuttlebug machine,then covered with fabric paper,my old jewellery came into play here and there,the lace piece is over 100yrs old,I bought on Ebay a huge amount to cut up,quite cheap,I,m going to dye some for future projects.

6 comments:

Siobhan Brignull said...

this is absolutely fab Pattie well worth a closer look, love the discs they are really effective.

Jan said...

Fabulous piece Pattie and, for a first attempt, is brilliant!

Spyder said...

This is absolutely brilliant Pattie. I love all the detail


((Lyn)))

Sherry said...

Wow Pattie, it really is fantastic! I love the colours and the whole composition and it has the look of batik to me. I will definitely go and have a look at that tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

Deborah said...

Pattie, it's wonderful. Would never have believed it was your first!

Unknown said...

Wow...I have fallen in love with this piece, but not just this piece your blog is a fantastic showcase of your work which is awesome xxx