Thursday 4 March 2010

Something different !



My Sons Birthday Card

A couple of weeks ago I bought QVC,s Todays Special Value, which was Tim Holtz Book "A Compendium of Curiosities" and a collection of his crafting materials,just couldnt resist,his work is awesome,He was over from the States to appear on QVC ,it was great to watch the master at work .......so today i had a play,working from his book the waterstamping technique ,it didnt quite come out like his haha,but looked ok so thought i would make my samples into a card for my son, his birthdays next month,its always hard to do a mans card,Gary's into birds at the moment :-] so hope it works !

I used some stamps i had free with my subscription of Craft Stamper,I think the pocket watch was a freebee on that magazine as well.Quite enjoyed using paper instead of fabric for a change lol.

8 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is so gorgeous Pattie. I love the backgrounds you've made - they look amazing. Must get the book!

Deborah said...

Glad you are having fun playing with Tim stuff. It is quite different for you - brown! Lovely though, and I am sure Gary will appreciate it.

June said...

Pattie it looks amazing. Truly brilliant and i am sure Gary will love it too
hugs June xxxx

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Your creations are lovely, Pattie! I'm sure your son will love this!

Sherry said...

Great card Pattie - bet your son will love it! I also bought the TSV but haven't got around to playing with it yet!

Holly said...

lol nice one...o by the way when u say garys into birds at the moment i hope you mean the ones with feathers...lol..or is there something i should know about ...haha ...great job nice work as always...bring me the book round i need something to inspire!!

eclectic archivist said...

I have a heck of a time coming up with ideas for "men" cards...this one is impressive!

Siobhan Brignull said...

love the paper work Pattie, I got it too, its fab isnt it