Monday 11 October 2010

I,m back !




Its ages since i did any crafting due to my painful shoulder,the problem being that in order to craft i have to pull down box's from shelves and hunt through my stash,you know what thats like trying to find things,so its been quite difficult,I lost my mojo there for awhile lol..........Still under the hospital having Physio,I see the consultant Thursday,I dont think it will be good news,still have limited movement and a lot of pain.

I just thought i would give it a try yesterday or go mad with boredom,Annie in my group sent me some pieces of Batik fabric,they have been looking at me for days,been itching to make something so this is the result........I used a piece as a background stitched onto felt,then googled for a fishy template,this i traced onto a piece of see through Viola material then painted it,then sewed onto background and padded out with some cotton wool,then beaded.I have made a greetings card with it 4"x4" Just need a caption now to add,like have a fishy day haha(NOT)
I,m also in the middle of an oil landscape,will take me ages but at least I have made a start !

Now i know where theres a will, theres a way,I can use my sewing machine Yaaaaaaaa lol now i,m in the mood i,m going to make a couple more of these cards.

11 comments:

Deborah said...

Fabulous card, Pattie. Quite a different style for you, I think. So glad your back making stuff. But do be careful moving those boxes and stuff!

Jan said...

This is lovely Pattie... so pleased you are getting back to your crafting. Take care of yourself.

*jean* said...

oo your fishy card is delightful! sorry to hear you are still hurting...hope all gets better soon!

*jean* said...

my word verification was fismash... :o)

sam21ski said...

Lovely to have you back Pattie, hope you soon get back to full fitness and can start moving that stash around - lovely fishy card xxxx

Maureen said...

Glad to see you back Pattie, it will take a good while to heal but at least you are starting to do something, love those cards!!

Siobhan Brignull said...

that fishy is soooooooooo cute, glad to see you are onthe mend as well xx

PetraB said...

Glad to see you back, your card is so beautiful. Take care.

Zaa said...

Lovely work Pattie..So sorry that you had a fall... but look at the new ideas you've come up with ...Sweet cards.

Hugs

Annie said...

Brilliant Pattie.Great use of the batik:)

eclectic archivist said...

Your cute little fish is too fun...It's nice to have your back!