Saturday 30 June 2012

Tim Holtz Grunge Book

I treated myself to one of these grunge board books ages ago,I love his stuff,and thought that will give me something to do when i need a change from Fabric Art.Not that i,m into lick and stick as i call it lol...I found its not easy,you still have to create a design,I do admire people who perfect this art !Its all but finished now except it needs some shabby dye'd ribbons on the hinged rings,I have seen them done better than this,its a case of what you have in your stash without spending money on pretty things :) So now I have that out my system,back to Fabric i hope, when i find some cotton material for doing my fabric images with,cant wait,i,m really into the shabby look at the moment,I want to try and create that look with another book but mixed media,maybe even a metal cover with fabric and lace,I have seen it done,ahhh well another challenge :))
I have made some little pockets in some of the pages,inserting some lovely little vintage tags someone made me,makes it more interesting....... Just a reminder there is still time to vote for me in the Derwent drawing Competition,pics and links below !thankyou !Hope your all having a lovely summer,if your in the UK it may last another few days lol.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Shabby chic gorgeousness, Pattie :-)

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is gorgeous - love the backgrounds x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful book.